Job ID: 511Location: Mississauga, ONStart Date: Immediately
Commercial Cleaning Services (CCS) is on a mission to create clean, safe, and attractive environments where people can work, learn and enjoy. We’re challenging the definition of a service provider by forging strong partnerships with our clients, mutually invested in a shared vision of success. Building Value…Cleaning Smartly, that’s what we’re about.
Do you have a keen eye for detail? Do you take pride in achieving results? Do you take ownership at work and look for a fast-growing and innovative company?
If so, we’re Commercial Cleaning Services and we’d love to hear from you!
Why work for CCS?
- Opportunities. We care about your personal and professional development. We provide you with certified training programs and opportunities for internal promotion.
- Team Work. We thrive on positively impacting people’s lives, and we believe employees’ experiences matter. We work hard to bring people on board that are self-motivated, driven, and inspired by the mission and values we carry.
- Benefits. Comprehensive employee benefits including drug, vision and dental
- Continuous Development. We are proactively taking action to improve the personal capability to meet organizational goals. We invest in your training and development, processes and procedures improvements, and we continuously search for innovation.
As an Area Supervisor, your duties may include…
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of day porters, light and heavy duty cleaners
- Process client work orders
- Prepare payroll information for cleaning staff and send to head office bi-weekly
- Respond to internal and external inquiries through email and work phone
- Inspect sites and facilities to ensure cleaners’ work meets CCS’ standards
- Recommend or arrange for additional services required such as equipment repairs, painting, replacements or contract work
- Interview candidates for cleaning positions and complete new hire paperwork and applications
- Work with Managers and Human Resources to ensure sites are staffed either in-house or subcontracted
- Oversee the onboarding of new staff, ensuring proper paperwork, training and orientation
- Train cleaning staff to complete tasks in compliance with CCS’ internal standards of quality and safety
- Promote a safe work environment by ensuring that cleaners are following CCS’ safe operating procedures
- Complete accident reports following incidents or accidents and send to the Health and Safety Director
- Other duties as reasonably required from time to time
You will be a good fit for this position if…
- You have 1-3 years of experience working within the facility services industry in a leadership role.
- You have a Valid G driver’s license with a clean record
- You have strong knowledge of best practices in the cleaning industry including cleaning processes, environmentally sustainable products, tools, equipment and machinery
- You demonstrated people management skills
- You are an excellent planner and has organizational skills
- You have the ability to problem-solve and meet unforeseen demands
- You have experience with Microsoft Office and ability to use technology tools
- You are able to lift up to 40 to 50 pounds (18 to 23kg)
- You can walk and stand during the shift’s hours
- You consent to a Police Background Check