Job ID: 203CCS Location: St. Thomas, ON Start Date: August 24, 2023
At Commercial Cleaning Services, we’re proud to call ourselves professional cleaners, with industry leading training programs, environmentally friendly cleaning products and practices, and most importantly – an unmatched commitment to quality and customer service. Working at schools, offices buildings, retail sites, and more, CCS staff are helping create cleaner, healthier spaces in communities throughout Ontario.We have an immediate need for a Site Manager at a large warehouse facility in St. Thomas, ON. As the Site Manager you will be the key person in charge of managing the delivery of contracted janitorial services and lead a team of Shift Supervisors, Lead Hands and Janitorial staff. If you are interested in this opportunity to develop your career in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, we invite you to apply today!
Why work for CCS?
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive employee benefits including drug, vision and dental
- Certified Training Programs
- Opportunities for internal promotion
What will I do?
- Ensure that the client receives exceptional customer service through regular communication with representatives and by responding to service quality issues on a timely basis
- Preparing shift schedules and work assignments in accordance with contract requirements ensuring the efficient delivery of services
- Represent management and foster a positive work environment at all times with cleaning staff
- Working with the HR department, provide site level oversight of employee recruitment, hiring, training and development, coaching and discipline
- Manage site payroll including compliance with use of time and attendance systems, tracking requests for vacation, sick days and leaves of absence
- Ordering of supplies, tools & equipment and management of a preventative maintenance program to keep all equipment in safe working order
- Promote a healthy & safe work environment by ensuring that all CCS employees follow safe operating policies and procedures
- Other duties as reasonably required from time to time
What do I need?
- Minimum of five years’ experience working within the facility services industry including three years in a management or supervisory role
- Available to work a flexible schedule in order to manage the requirements of the position in a seven day/multi-shift service schedule
- Strong knowledge of best practices in the cleaning industry including cleaning processes, environmentally sustainable products, tools, equipment and machinery
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to problem-solve and meet unforeseen demands
- Experience with Microsoft Office and ability to use technology tools
- Criminal Record Check
- G Class Driver’s License
- Lift up to 51 lbs
- Stand and/or walk throughout the duration of the shift
- Able to bend, stretch, lift, push, pull and carry, climb stairs
- Operate equipment when required
Commercial Cleaning Services recognizes that strength as an organization comes from inclusion and diversity. Reasonable requests for accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process will be considered in accordance with Provincial and Federal employment legislation. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada, without sponsorship.